05 junho 2017

Ser palestino

Um testemunho
importante




Refugiados palestinianos transportam os seus pertences quando se preparam para atravessar a destruída Ponte Allenby sobre o Jordão vindos da zona ocupada por Israel após a Guerra dos Seis Dias, 22 de Junho de 1967

(...)
I came to America at age 22 and quickly found out how difficult it was to speak about Palestine and Palestinian rights in the United States. It was like speaking to President Trump nowadays about his sexism; the common response was complete denial, even in the face of overwhelming evidence. One of my graduate-school professors told me that I should not do my research on Palestine because a Palestinian writing about Palestine would be biased. When I asked another professor what I must do to get an A in her class, she responded by saying, “It depends on whether my children come home safe from Israel.”

(...)

Ler artigo integral aqui

1 comentário:

  1. Palestiniano é inglês. Em português de lei,veja por exemplo o seu camarada Saramago, diz-se palestino.

    ResponderEliminar